Diem is building a community-curated search engine, powered by incentivized knowledge-sharers. Our mission is to close the gender information gap by developing an alternate to the current Google search experience. We will become women's first stop on their quest for community-based knowledge, beyond their private group chats.
We are hiring for our first Senior UX/UI Product Designer to join the Diem team to help bring our vision to the world.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of design experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (engineering, product, marketing, management, etc) & balancing business goals with user needs.
- Web & mobile app design development experience
- A strong UX/UI design portfolio including examples of user-focused design thinking and evangelism. Applicants must provide a link or attach their portfolio of work.
- Experience working in a variety of design applications such as Figma, Illustrator, etc.
- Guided and executed the design of a product or platform, and seen them through the entire release cycle
- Consumer social & 3D Design, a plus.
About the Role
- You will be the lead designer at Diem working with founders to develop and execute our product design strategy, as well as evolve the design style guide used across the company. You will own design thinking as part of the full product lifecycle.
- You will actively collaborate with product, engineering, community, marketing and co-founders and be the voice of design in cross-functional projects.
- You will work with product to take design requirements and product strategy to translate it to the unique, out of the box product ideas.
- You will develop designs to drive improved user experiences and metric performance by understanding the customer needs and using this to to influence design changes in the product.
- Pair with Diem co-founders & Head of Community on user research to understand the community’s needs and utilize data to influence product design.
- Create design concepts, flows, wireframes, transitions, interactions, and prototypes
- Use your ability to imagine and visualize experiences to support our product strategy — sparking conversation and gaining alignment with leadership
- Help make the abstract and ambiguous ideas concrete – always thinking about the “future” of design vs. what’s expected.
- Create functional prototypes of proposed UX/UI solutions used to communicate vision, inspire colleagues, and gather feedback from users.
- Develop a unified aesthetic and personality for Diem via our product. Define how the voice and personality is represented in UI patterns, animations, and copy.
Who you are
- Passionate about Diem’s mission to close the gender information gap.
- You have a strong ability to think at a high level about product design strategy and vision but are happy to jump into the weeds to figure out the details as needed.
- You love thinking differently and approach product design with a futuristic lens, constantly challenging norms and inspiring others with your vision.
- You have a deep understanding of customer challenges and are able to map user journeys through design thinking frameworks
- Obsessed with creative, design-forward problem solving and the humans using your product.
- Strong organizational٫ leadership and communication skills – you love a fast paced, ever evolving work environment.
- Experience designing incentive/gamification features and have ideas for their seamless integration.
- Obsessed with how technology and design can be harnessed to connect people to each other & resources they’re seeking.
- Previous experience conducting user research & working on an agile team is a plus
What you get
- Be a part of the founding team and collaborate with an all-star team who are working to define the intersection of community & search
- Dental, Vision & Health insurance
- Salary: $100,000+ plus equity
- Learning and development opportunities
- Unlimited vacation
- Dedicated mental health days